Thursday, June 07, 2007

My last 2 Weeks

I heard some rumblings lately that I haven't updated my Blog. Jeesh. I've been pretty busy learning to walk (I've taken a few steps but am not "walking" yet), and have added some fancy new words to my vocabulary. My new favorites are "ICE" and "EYES", yes I know they are different things. Dad doesn't usually have ICE in his beer, but mommy takes it out of her tea for me. I also love to say "TOAST". I have it plain or with jam on it. My other favorite is "DOWN," as in dont put me DOWN, I'd rather you carry me everywhere.

Now that I can point to whatever I want, mom and dad are getting a little frustrated that I am not using sign language. Why should I if I can just point to it? Why should I sign "diaper change" if I seem to weigh an extra 5 lbs or smell really bad? Duh.

Doctors orders, but I was a little stunned a couple weeks ago when mom and dad made me go cold turkey on the bottle! No more bottle, just sippy cup. Good thing I like milk and I was thirsty, because it only took 2 days for me to master the sippy cup.

My Pops in Salt Lake City had a mini-family reunion 2 weeks ago for his retirement party. Aunt Gretch gave me a giant duck to take in the pool and bath, and I went on a hike with all the non-golfers.

Here I am with uncle Kevin. Here we are in the family photo.



Here's my new duck. Here I am with Neen saying goodbye at the airport.



Last weekend, I got invited to a Saint Ignatius graduation party for some of dad's water polo players. They also babysit me sometimes. Dad, easy on the photos looking strait into the sun....





I went to visit my new friend Laynie, 8 week old daughter of dad's buddy Scott Henderson and his wife Jill. We went into the Los Altos hills and found a neat petting zoo / farm/ hostel. I saw for the first time up close, pigs, roosters, cows, sheep, and goats. I think those animals are going to be my next words.....


No comments: