Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Its the Important things that matter



We took these last couple to give to some friends who got Claire these outfits. She was having a ball these days and pretty much laughs and smiles all the time. We are working on helping Claire learn to soothe herself to sleep the past few nights and tonight, she was screaming in her crib quite a bit. Kristie went in to calm her and Claire just started laughing when mom stood over her. Classic. But not as classic as the next one.


Dad is finally learning some good parenting secrets. As exciting as new things are, some things are more important......case in point: Claire pretty much lays on her back all the time. If she's not in our arms or her bouncy chair, she's on her back. She is finally getting better at "tummy time" and can handle it for a few minutes at a time now.

After telling me that Claire was up and down a lot during the night before and her nap times during the day, I had almost fallen asleep when Kristie tells me "Oh, yeah, Claire turned over today".

I said, "You've been telling me for 20 minutes the saga of nap time and this and that, I'm half asleep now, and THEN you tell me "oh yeah, Claire turned over today". !!!???

To me this was like she took her first step, or she said her first word, or she pulled a loose tooth out by tying it to a door knob and slamming the door....I mean turning over is a BIG DEAL here people. But, as I tried to close my eyes again and get to sleep, Kristie reminded me "hey pal, it's more important that Claire learn to soothe herself and take better naps and learn how to fall asleep on her own than for us to do this that trick for the next upteen months...." Good point. I guess rolling over is cool (Clarie has done it twice more since yesterday), but not as cool as a Mom who's gone back to work agian and wants to get some rest while her child sucks her thumb or soothes herself to sleep now.

Sleep well tonight ladies.....

No comments: