Not sure if you know, but I was born 3 weeks early. I was due Feb 7 but mom went into labor early after being on bedrest for a week. I made mommy start contractions at about 3am on Thurs morning. The hospital admitted mommy at 3:30am and before I came out, mommy had to take some medicine, both Grammy's came to see me, and big sis Claire made some phone calls with mommy to tell people I was coming. I finally came out at 11:41am on a beautiful sunny San Fran morning. They say that the second is usually easier than the first and mommy said she agreed. I guess I am a pound and 1/2 lighter than older sister Claire at birth, but I eat really well and so far I like to sleep and sometimes projectile barf on mom and dad. I seem to have dad's color, but we'll see.
Here's mommy pacing the halls while her antibiotics went in and I got ready to come out. Here I am after the nurses cleaned me up and gave me to mommy. Note the picture of Claire and Mom right after Claire was born. Do we look the same? Hmm.
Here's daddy's self portrait of us. Then big sis Claire came to visit me. Then mom's first priority was EATING LUNCH! She got a big burger after not being allowed to eat for about 8 hours. From what I've heard, mommy did a good job keeping her cool with an empty stomach. Maybe that's why I came out so fast. The nurse had told mommy that the cutoff time for ordering lunch was noon.....thus 5 pushes and she was on the phone to room service!
Both Grammy Parrott and Grammy Felton spent some time with me. Grammy Parrott took Claire back to Modesto so mom and dad could get some rest and spend some time getting to know me.

I came home on Saturday. All I've been doing since I got home is eat and sleep. I'll post some pictures soon if dad can get some pics of me with my eyes open. Here's a few of me sleeping......shocker.


No comments:
Post a Comment